Location: Englewood, CO
Gevo’s mission is to transform renewable energy and carbon into energy-dense liquid hydrocarbons. These liquid hydrocarbons can be used for drop-in transportation fuels such as gasoline, jet fuel, and diesel fuel, that when burned have potential to yield net-zero greenhouse gas emissions when measured across the full lifecycle of the products. Gevo uses low-carbon renewable resource-based carbohydrates as raw materials, and is in an advanced state of developing renewable electricity and renewable natural gas for use in production processes, resulting in low-carbon fuels with substantially reduced carbon intensity (the level of greenhouse gas emissions compared to standard petroleum fossil-based fuels across their lifecycle). Gevo’s products perform as well or better than traditional fossil-based fuels in infrastructure and engines, but with substantially reduced greenhouse gas emissions. In addition to addressing the problems of fuels, Gevo’s technology also enables certain plastics, such as polyester, to be made with more sustainable ingredients. Gevo’s ability to penetrate the growing low-carbon fuels market depends on the price of oil and the value of abating carbon emissions that would otherwise increase greenhouse gas emissions. Gevo believes that its proven, patented, technology enabling the use of a variety of low-carbon sustainable feedstocks to produce price-competitive low carbon products such as gasoline components, jet fuel, and diesel fuel yields the potential to generate project and corporate returns that justify the build-out of a multi-billion-dollar business.
Gevo believes that Argonne National Laboratory GREET model is the best available standard of scientific based measurement for life cycle inventory or LCI.
Learn more at Gevo’s website: www.gevo.com
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF POSITION
We are looking for a responsible Executive Legal Assistant-Contracts Administrator to join our team. Your main duties will be to support the Legal Department and to prepare, review and maintain various company contracts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong attention to detail along with the ability to discover potential risks for our company. Our ideal candidate has previous experience as a legal assistant and/or managing contracts and is familiar with legal requirements and legal terms.
The position reports to the Vice President – General Counsel & Secretary
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support for completion of agreements (editing, formatting, proof-reading, numbering, etc.) Negotiates and drafting any manner of agreements, including procurement and service contracts and leases
- Drafts and revises letters and memoranda
- Document preparation and filing
- Makes travel arrangements, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, and meeting coordination (onsite and offsite)
- Maintains schedules and calendars
- Scheduling meetings
- Assists with Board meetings
- Assists with minute books
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced computer and word processing skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong sense of urgency with a demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple urgent priorities, adapt to changing priorities, and drive all tasks to completion
- Excellent proofing and editing skills
- Detail oriented. High degree of professionalism with the ability to work on highly confidential matters
- Experience redlining and marking up documents
- Strong critical thinking
- Able to multi-task, take initiative and work well independently
- Strong reading comprehension and written and verbal communication skills, consistently producing a high quality of work product
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong, effective time management and organizational skills
- Personable, eager to learn and committed
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support to a senior level executives
- Experience with scheduling, travel arrangements, financial reimbursements
The Executive Legal Assistant-Contracts Administrator will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
Adaptation: Deals with change appropriately and views change as an opportunity. Seeks clarity and communicates clearly in times of change. Adjusts workload to accommodate shifting priorities. Aligns to new business practice or new responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Communication: Provides well organized, timely feedback. Active listening skills, seeks clarification and offers upgrades where appropriate. Organizes written messages for ease of understanding and comprehension. Solicits and shares information in a concise, open, and non-threatening manner.
Interpersonal: Uses diplomacy and social skills with others in working relationships. Responds positively to constructive direction and feedback. Works towards the best solution in professional, unbiased, manner.
Motivation and Commitment: Continually searches for and applies ways to simplify work for self and others. Maintains a positive, can-do demeanor despite unexpected difficulties. Initiates actions toward goals and seeks increased responsibility. Delivers desired results within timetables.
Planning and Organizing: Prioritizes time and tasks to accomplish goals. Develops administrative procedures to ensure proper documentation, appropriate level of detail and timely follow-up. Anticipates problems and surge work and develops contingency plans. Leverages other groups/functions to achieve goals.
Technical Knowledge in Field: Understands department and Company organizational structures. Understands systems/processes used in department and organization. Knows about the people and operations of department and company. Understands department and its relationship with function and company and/or business. Applies basic industry knowledge to job responsibilities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a large national law firm or contract management position with a large company is strongly preferred
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program is a plus
Team attitude where no job is too big or too small. Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes. Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business. Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with smart and creative people. Strong ability to influence, provide point of view and to listen. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the company (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including finance, IR and PR. Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another. Solution oriented. Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems. Sense of humor a plus.
- Primary location: Corporate Office, Englewood, Colorado
- Monday through Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Gevo offers a competitive annual base salary range of $45,000-$60,000 DOE, a generous vacation package, 401K plan, paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as an annual cash bonus & equity award (subject to Board of Director Approval). If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or agency submissions.