We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field, at least ten years of experience project engineering preferably in chemical or fuels plant design and construction, and a working knowledge of manufacturing systems and unit operations, and strong analytical, and project management skills.
Be a part of the team that is building the Net Zero renewable jet fuel and gasoline production facilities! The concept of Net-Zero is to convert renewable energy (photosynthetic, wind, renewable natural gas, biogas) from a variety of sources into energy dense liquid hydrocarbons, that when burned in traditional engines, have the potential to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the whole lifecycle of the liquid fuel: from the way carbon is captured from the atmosphere, processed to make liquid fuel products, and including the end use (burning as a fuel for cars, planes, trucks, and ships). Lake Preston, South Dakota will be the location of the first Net-Zero Project and will be named “Net-Zero 1.” Gevo expects that Net-Zero 1 would have the capability to produce liquid hydrocarbons that when burned have a “net-zero” greenhouse gas footprint. We are currently planning for Net-Zero 2 and beyond.
Location: South Dakota/Surrounding Area
- Leads large capital projects to produce renewable fuels from a variety of feedstocks and renewable energy
- Interfaces with and manages relationships with EPC companies, vendors, engineering companies, and subject matter experts to design and build large production facilities
- Identifies schedule and design issues and identifies routes to resolve those issues
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Performs various engineering and management tasks to contribute to the team’s success
This position reports to VP Project Engineering and Construction.
Gevo offers a competitive annual base salary, a generous vacation package, 401K plan, paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as an annual cash bonus & equity award (subject to Board of Director Approval). If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or agency submissions.
Click Here to Send Your Résumé to Careers@gevo.com or use the form below: